Double Nickel® 55 is a biological insecticide that contains a natural spore-forming bacterium, Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain D747, which is effective against powdery mildew on cucurbits, powdery and downy mildew on table grapes, and Botrytis on wine and table grapes.
It is a broad-spectrum biofungicide with multiple modes of action, making it ideal for resistance management in IPM programs. It has no MRL (maximum residue level) or WHP (withholding period) levels, which means it can be used safely without any risk of residues.
Double Nickel® 55 is user-friendly and easy to integrate into existing spray programs. It is target-specific with no effect on non-target beneficials.
The following are the general use instructions for Double Nickel® 55:
- Double Nickel® 55 can be applied as a foliar spray or as a soil drench.
- For foliar application, mix 1-2 kg of Double Nickel® 55 per hectare in 200-400 liters of water and spray the solution uniformly on the plants.
- For soil application, mix 1-2 kg of Double Nickel® 55 per hectare in 200-400 liters of water and apply the solution to the soil around the plants.
- Apply Double Nickel® 55 at the first sign of disease or as a preventive measure.
- Repeat the application every 7-14 days or as needed.
- Do not apply Double Nickel® 55 during rain or when rain is expected within 2 hours.
- Do not apply Double Nickel® 55 to crops under stress from drought, heat, or other factors.
- Do not apply Double Nickel® 55 to crops that are intended for export to countries with zero tolerance for Bacillus amyloliquefaciens residues.