Delfin® is a biological insecticide containing a natural spore-forming bacterium, which produces a protein endotoxin that is specifically toxic to lepidopteran larvae.
It is a flowable granule concentrate formulation of Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies kurstaki (Btk) and is used for the control of various Lepidoptera larvae on crops.
Delfin® is well established and successful biological pesticide that is user-friendly and easy to integrate into existing spray programs. It is target-specific with no effect on non-target beneficials.
The following are the general use instructions for Delfin®:
- For most consistent control, apply at first sign of newly hatched larvae.
- Apply Delfin® as a foliar spray in sufficient water to ensure thorough coverage of the crop.
- Use a minimum of 200 L water per hectare.
- Do not apply during rain or when rain is expected within 2 hours.
- Do not apply to crops under stress from drought, heat, or other factors.
- Do not apply to crops that are flowering or when bees are actively foraging.
- Do not apply to crops that are intended for seed production.
- Do not apply to crops that are intended for export to countries with zero tolerance for Bt residues.
- Do not tank mix with any product unless specifically recommended by the manufacturer.